Sunday 14 April 2013

Testing Mina !


About a month ago I was browsing Ravelry and saw Mina. I became smitten with all that grey smoothness and fit, I thought the neck line was beautiful and I loved those garter sections on the shoulders , hem and cuffs.
 I zoomed straight in and noticed the designer is looking for test knitters and my offer to test knit was accepted - Hooray !  4 weeks later and here is my version..





The pattern is calling for a thin fingering weight that is knitted top down in a looser tension. I tend to knit dense fabrics so chose the hairiest fingering weight yarn in my stash- some grey ( for a change !! haha ) 4 ply alpaca select to conceal the holes between the stitches. The drawback is that those lovely garter sections are less defined .
 
 
Those buttons are from John Lewis haberdashery, lovely aren't they ..
I made some modification to suit my frame. Instead of using the cord to gather the material at the waist I made decreases to skim at the waist and then increased a little bit more to allow for the garter hem. By the way a good tip is to go down a needle size or two when knitting those garter hem and cuffs - its looks much neater. I narrowed the sleeves arms and also to keep with the simplicity I did not sew any buttons on the sleeves.
 
 



 
Turned out very well indeed :)
x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful knit. Love your version and the yarn you have used. Look forward to the pattern release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have already said but I want to say it again :-) I am always blown away by your beautiful knits. You are such an inspiration. I'll have to look out for the pattern when it is released.
    Eddie xx

    Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation.

    ReplyDelete