Monday, 10 March 2014

Manchuria Jacket !

At last my Manchuria Jacket is done. Warning- there is a quite a lot of panel sewing involved.
I still love the patchy look and those colours together but felt that its way too baggy on my frame. There should have been smaller size option as seen on the model- the jacket looks almost fitted on the slim model with hardly any ease. The sleeves look as three quarters length. I do feel strongly this is misleading photo.
I changed the collar to be a  plain shawl collar as I did not understand the instruction in my English translation. Also I wanted to stabilise the fronts by way of buttoning them together.

Those beautiful buttons are vintage and were gifted to me by my equally knitting fanatic friend :-)
I almost finished another garment but waiting for one ball of yarn to be dyed for me. Its been a long wait but I think I'll have another FO soon. will keep you posted..