Sunday 24 June 2012

Work in progress


I've been enticed lately by so many beautiful projects . I have no finished garment to show so instead I took some photos of what I've been up to.

This is Will by Kim Hargreaves, classy cardigan which uses two yarns , Rowan fine lace in black and kid silk haze in a grey colour .
Combining the two creates a soft drapey fuzzy fabric with a deep Gray colour.



I managed to purchased some of those Rowan shank buttons in grey shell which suit this cardi perfectly. I use stitch marker's to separate between the cable section , a fantastic buy from etsy -real copper and bright blue glass beads. Oh and look how I manage to bend all my knitting needles.. 




Another piece of knitting - a vest from Amimono.I always looking forward to any publication from  Helga Isager. She creates such good looking , fashionable pieces. Such a striking slip stitch effect .


The third garment bellow is Ravi from Carol Feller. I'm participating in her KAL.
An unusual construction - must have been a challenge to write a pattern to this one. I'm using a heavy 4 ply Sheila sock yarn from fyberspates. I'm out of gauge so need to reclaculate the pattern. The colour is understated rusty metal, blend of browny denim, I think its called verdigris.  
I decided to modified the front neck line, make it lower . Here is my progress so far :)




Oh and I'm so thrilled to go this year to the Rhinebeck wool show in October with a bunch of my knitting friends. Just cant wait !

No comments:

Post a Comment