I've only now finished Florence by Kim Hargreaves. Now this was one troublesome cardigan. Many things went wrong here and five days ago it was ready to be pushed away to the back of the wardrobe never to see the light of day.
I chose the yarn to be a rowan cashcotton 4ply in pale dull blue contrasted with the black glass buttons I've ordered from Kim herself. I've only had few balls so got the rest in a different dye lot. That was the first problem. The subtle change in color mid sleeve was a sore to the eye so in the end knitted 3 sleeves. :(
The other serious problem was that the sleeves caps were way too large for the armhole so sewing them resulted in funny crunched up shoulders. The neckband I picked and knitted had too many stitches in it so the neck line was way too wide, floppy and made the shoulders seams flop to mid arms. Not an attractive look !
I went defeated to my Southsea knitting group and my lovely dear friend Caroline volunteered to take the monstrosity home , rip the sleeves out and reknit the caps much smaller (by third) to fit the armholes.
I then sew back the new sleeves , frogged the neckband and picked it again, tight.
So, here I am at the back of my garden in this grey wintry day. My wellies are on and I'm splashing about in my brook .