Saturday 23 January 2010

Introducing my knitting group

Here is a glimpse of my knitting group. I've taken this photo late into the evening so a lot of ladies already left. We could be 25 head strong in a good evening.We've started about two years ago in Borders book shop, the west quay area in Southampton . When Borders went bust last December we finally settled in the cafe at Ikea. We meet every Thursday from 6:00 pm until 8:30 pm. People are making an effort and coming here from Portsmouth, Christchurch , Winchester..we have ladies from France, Germany, Sweden..I like the fact that we have people from all ages and social backgrounds. We all differ but have one thing in common - the passion for the craft of knitting (and yes of course the crocheting).
You're all inspired me one way or another!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment